Thursday, July 27, 2006

Settling in....

We are in! Finally in our new home, and all is well so far. The wee ones are thrilled with their new rooms, and drag every new visitor into their little corner of the world to show it off. :) I of course, am delighted to announce that my HIGH SPEED INTERNET CONNECTION started today, and I am soaking up the content-heavy pages that I have avoided for years. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.......soooooo fast. I literally cannot believe how fast it is. I downloaded some stuff today and it was just done in seconds. I don't know if I'll ever leave my computer chair, but I do know that if I do, it will be for food, water or some other basic need...at least for the first few days! :)

I got a really cool thing in the mail the other day.


I opened a small, square package to find the newest CD from Hughes and Curtis, a terrific little folk duo whom I met a year or so ago. I am so thrilled for them, and after a listen to the CD, I was thoroughly impressed (not that I wasn't already, though!). Their sound is a mix of original, traditional and contemporary folk music with energetic vocals and harmonies. They play all over the area as well as around the east coast as well. If you want to check them out, you can visit them at www.hughesandcurtis.com

The astute among you may notice that one of my photos is on the cover, blended with a painting by Deborah Sweet.

Not that I'm bragging, or anything. ;)

No comments: