Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day :)





As it wraps up for another year, the tradition of honouring Mom's around the world has reminded everyone to cherish the one that brought you into this world, and who *may* have threatened to take you out of it a time or two.

I have to reflect on the two magical little beings that have given me the most special job I will ever take on. Its hours are long, and sometimes exhausting. There are many times when I am overcome by frustration, anger, and a sense of hopelessness that these little humans will never take on enough interest in their surroundings to be productive members of society. However, those days are more than outnumbered by the ones where I find a collection of little love notes on my desk, declaring me the true love of their little lives. I am overcome by the irony of it all when I see how my own words and actions begin to emerge from them, and they use my own careful logic against me. :) Every day that they walk away from me in any way, it reminds me that these are steps closer to their own independance, and that they are essentially in a constant state of growing up and away from me. When they wrap their little arms around my neck and I breathe in their beautiful, sweet smell I am humbled by the power of the love I have for them.

How deliciously bittersweet to be a Mommy. Such an awesome responsibility, and such a immeasurable joy. I love you Olivia and Tanis. :) Thank you for coming into my world and turning me into a Mommy. Much love xoxoxo

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Happy Mother's Day, Gerri!