Wednesday, November 29, 2006

If you've ever loved someone with breast cancer...

...then please get involved in an upcoming fundraiser I am doing with one of my 2007 brides and her family/friends who are fundraising for The Weekend to End Breast Cancer in Ottawa to raise money for treatment and research. Lisa has lost a dear family member to breast cancer, and she, her sister and their friends are doing this to try and make a difference in the lives of other women.

We are doing a "Touch of Pink Diva Night", on Saturday, February 17th, at Rednecks in Trenton to raise money and awareness for The Weekend to End Breast Cancer. It will be a great afternoon/evening for friends to get together, maybe have lunch or a drink, and do something great for the cause. For a minimum donation of $50, you will be photographed in all of your Diva glory, by yourself, and with your other participating friends. There is no limit to the number of women that can be photographed together. You will recieve a disk with your image files on it, and most importantly, you will be helping to make a difference.

If you are able to offer a door prize, or a raffle item to our fundraising efforts, it would be very welcomed! Also, if you are a hair or make-up artist that would like to participate, please let me know. I will be updating contact information after the holidays, and will let you know who you need to contact to get your appointment booked.

Leave me a comment below if you are interested in joining us, and if you have any ideas, suggestions or questions! I'm really looking forward to this!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Gerri. this sounds fantastic. I'm in!

-Selena

Gerri Photography said...

Yay!!! My first DIVA! Thanks for participating Selena!!! :) G.

Anonymous said...

You can count on Scrapbooks and Smiles for a prize donation and a little something for each of the Divas!!! I will be rounding up a couple friends as well so we can have our pics taken!!!
What a great idea!!
Paula:)

Gerri Photography said...

Thanks so much, Paula!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I am so excited to do this with you Gerri. This is awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Gerri

I am Lisa's sister and I just would like to thank you for ding this for us. This is a wonderful way to help us raise money. As you well know this is so so dear to us and I just wanted to say Thank you.

Jennifer

Gerri Photography said...

Thanks Jennifer! I am really excited about it, and so glad I can do something to help raise money and awareness! It's going to ROCK!

Katie said...

Hey Gerri

I'm in and I will rent some friends to come with me lol.
It is going to be a lot of fun
-Katie

Anonymous said...

Gerri,

I have spoke with a few friends and we would love to attend! We may be looking into renting a small bus for transportation if we get enough interested! (We did this for a bachelorette party and it was GREAT!) I will keep you posted!
Melissa C

Anonymous said...

Gerri,
I've found your site through a friend of mine, and thought I could donate a pendant for a door prize. Visit www.angelfire.com/planet/taraleighdesigns
It has photos and what not regarding the pendants I make. Please email me at tara_leigh@hotmail.com so we can discuss it!

Tabitha said...

I cant wait for this. Im so excited!! Its so nice to see so many people interested in this great cause!

Anonymous said...

...I've heard a few people talk about this at work and it sounds like too much fun to miss...so I'll be working to get a few people together.
I've always wanted to be a Diva!

Anonymous said...

Gerri-Definately!
A great gift to womanhood. I will share the time with my Best friend.
Count the 2 of us in.