Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Overwhelmed with Info!

We left New Orleans late on Monday night, after a meal at a restaurant in the French Quarter. I've got to tell you, as photographers, it seems we *may* have problems committing to things sometimes. It's bad enough when there is only one of us waffling about what we want to do, but imagine there is 10 more people who are just as indecisive! LOL! We literally wandered from street corner to street corner mulling over where we were going to eat supper. We probably wasted an hour just trying to commit to a restaurant! lol! It was totally hilarious!



My initial impressions of New Orleans are that it is an amazing city, full of rich culture and history with beautiful architecture, but equally full of heartbreaking desolation. We were there exactly two years after Katrina hit, and in many areas, it's like it happened yesterday. The devastation left by the storm is still hauntingly apparent in so many areas on the Gulf coast, but none more so than some of the poorest parrishes in New Orleans. Truly, the sight is something I will never forget. In a funny little *aside*, the Reverend Al Sharpton was on my flight to New Orleans. Just a little trivia for you there! ;)

The seminar with Mike Fulton from Tri-Coast Photography was absolutely amazing. What a fantastic workshop....we all learned so much, and already I've been able to incorporate new techniques into my work in the few short days I've been home. I can't thank Mike and Jordan enough for putting it on, and for being such incredible leaders. I met some great new friends who I just adore, and learned more in my time there than I could have in a year on my own. I honestly can't begin to list all the things that we did there, but I know my clients will see a change right away. I look forward to pushing myself artistically further than I ever have before, and this time in the states was the perfect catalyst to help me do that.

Here's a few shots from the workshop. I would like to thank the models, Joanna, Joey and Sarah for their time and their patience as they modelled for us. It wasn't easy, but it sure was fun! ;) You guys ROCKED!





1 comment:

Deanna said...

OK so I am officially excited to go meet with mykey!

you have been tagged my dear
http://deannahallphotography.com/blog/